3D Printed PPE
Tools Used: Adobe Illustrator, Autodesk TinkerCAD, Creality Ender 3
During the COVID-19 panedemic, I designed, manufactured and marketed a botique line of open source PPE including masks and ear savers. The inspiration for this product line was to better suit women and people of color, allowing them to wear masks and other PPE more comfortably.
Feedback was gathered and tested from friends, family and customers over time and incorporated into the designs. The kitty design featured below was the most popular design in terms of overall sales.
- Designed and brought to market my first phsyical product!
- Helped people, especially women and BIPOC with mask usage during the pandemic
- Donated profits to $O$ to help people experiencing poverty and homelessness
- Open sourced the product design so that anyone can use it
- Alan U. - Product Designer
- Mandeep S. - Co-Designer